Do I have to pay a filing fee in the new state to be foreign qualified?

Asked 2 years ago

The members of my LLC and I have already registered our business in New York, but we want to do business in other states. I recently learnt that we have to register for a foreign qualification in order to run our business in the other states. Does this mean we have to pay for registration and filing fees all over again?

Brittany McDonald

Brittany McDonald

Friday, October 14, 2022

You will have to pay registration and filing fees if you register for a foreign qualification in another state. All states will require a basic filing fee for your initial registration. Others will also require you to file annual or biannual reports and pay filing fees for each.

Write an answer...


Please follow our  Community Guidelines

Can't find what you're looking for?

The listings featured on this site are from companies from which this site receives compensation. This influences where, how and in what order such listings appear on this site. Our website contains links to product that might contain affiliate links which may reward a commission when you purchased via our links. Our goal is to compare and review the products and services we write about in the best way to help our users. We might not review and feature every product/service in the market.Our service is free of charge. We might make affiliate commissions when you make a purchase via our links. This may influence if and the order of services and/or products that we review.

TrustedBrandReviews and its affiliates do not provide private investigator services or consumer reports, and are not consumer reporting agencies per the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). You may not use our site or services or the information provided to make decisions about employment, admission, consumer credit, insurance, tenant screening or any other purpose that would require FCRA compliance.