Where can I get my EIN if I run a small business?

Asked 2 years ago

I want to start a small business in the retail industry, but I’m not sure how to go about ensuring that I do things accordingly. I know I have to get an employer identification number (EIN) to register my business, but I don’t actually know where small business owners have to apply for one. Can someone please assist? Thank you.

Jimmie Trujillo

Tuesday, August 16, 2022

If your principal business is located in the United States or its territories, you must submit an online application for an EIN with the Internal Revenue Service. The applicant must have a valid Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) - either an SSN, ITIN, or EIN.

Write an answer...


Please follow our  Community Guidelines

Can't find what you're looking for?

The listings featured on this site are from companies from which this site receives compensation. This influences where, how and in what order such listings appear on this site. Our website contains links to product that might contain affiliate links which may reward a commission when you purchased via our links. Our goal is to compare and review the products and services we write about in the best way to help our users. We might not review and feature every product/service in the market.Our service is free of charge. We might make affiliate commissions when you make a purchase via our links. This may influence if and the order of services and/or products that we review.

TrustedBrandReviews and its affiliates do not provide private investigator services or consumer reports, and are not consumer reporting agencies per the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). You may not use our site or services or the information provided to make decisions about employment, admission, consumer credit, insurance, tenant screening or any other purpose that would require FCRA compliance.